Where does time go? Why does time have to go by so fast!?! It seems like just yesterday that I nervously brought home my first precious little baby. I remember how nervous I was. I just wanted to do what was best for my precious baby son! He was so perfect. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
He soon grew to be a fun, rambuncious toddler. He loved to read, sing, and LOVED Star Wars. At a young age of 2, he would run around singing the theme song to Star Wars and always had a "wah,wah" (the sound of a light saber) in his hands!
Before I knew it, he was riding the bus to Kindergarten. He always had a big smile on his face as he went to school, and often left his mommy in the background wiping the tears from my eyes! I wasn't ready to send my baby boy out in the "big world" of Elementary School! But Austin sure was ready! He loved school. And with the occasional "math test days", has liked it ever since.
He has grown up so fast and has succeeded, with flying colors, in all he sets his mind to. Now, 12 amazing years later, I look at my precious son, but this time not as a baby, but as a handsome young man. Although he has changed leaps and bounds, the feelings I had 12 years ago are the same, only magnified a thousand fold. I am still nervous raising him. I still want to do what is right for him. I still can't take my eyes off of him. And I still think he is perfect!
I am so proud of the young man Austin is today! And couldn't have asked for a better big brother for my other precious children.
I am so excited to continue to watch Austin grow and to be a part of his journey to adulthood. Which, unfortunaly, I am afraid, will go as fast as the first 12 years.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUSTIN!!!! I LOVE YOU!!
7 years ago







4 comments:
This is so precious! You are such a great mom! We are going to miss Austin in primary!
What a sweet post and a sweet boy. He really is great and I can't believe how much little Austin looks like Tayla!
And I'm going to miss him in primary too!
Time sure does fly, good thing you have taken so many pictures along the way and can enjoy them always. Happy Birthday Austin!
That's so sweet. I am so envious of all of your great pictures to mark every age. What a gift a photography talent is! You are so super talented. And, such a sweet mommy who loves her children so much!
Post a Comment